Saturday, March 12, 2016

Sela Beauty Steam Brush review


Sela Beauty Steam Brush




This steam brush is amazing. You will see before and after pictures of my naturally curly hair and the results after using the Sela Beauty brush. I took these pictures while doing a youtube video for them to show how it works, and man does it work.

I don't know about you guys , but my serious down side to straightening my hair is

 1. the products I have to use to keep it straight

2. the damage caused by the heat. We all know those split ends are still there no matter how flat we get it. My hair was like straw.

3. I had no body or volume with a flat iron. My hair was, well flat, and lifeless

4. The only way my hair had a health shine was to use yet another product to add shine when I was done. 

This steam iron has fixed every problem I hated about my flat Iron!

To the right is my naturally curly hair. Freshly washed, air dried, I did use a coconut mask on my hair for a deep conditioning , but I have used this steam iron on my hair multiple times in the past few weeks, and the results are the same. So essentially there is no product in my hair. Actually since using this product my natural curl even looks better than when I was flat ironing my hair all the time. Before some of my hair would dry staight, some wavy sections, and some curly. That doesn't happen anymore.

The next picture is a shot of Maynard and I getting set up for the video to show you how this thing works. ( If you don't follow me on instagram, Maynard is my assistant. He is the little wooden doll. ) So, how does it work? The steam brush is actually like a steam iron. You add water to a little holder that slides on the back. You plug it in and turn it on. Select the heat setting for your hair. I used the highest setting of 450 degrees Fahrenheit, because my hair is a lot thicker than it looks. You can also change the degrees to Celsius settings on the push button screen . Yes it has a screen that flashes a little steam symbol while it warms up. It only takes 90 seconds to reach full heat and unlike flat iron it doesn't lose heat while you use it. It stays a constant temperature. With my flat iron I would have to let it warm up again sometimes inbetween straightening my hair. Anyway, once it has reached your desired heat settings it will beep and the little steam symbol stops blinking. When you clam this on your hair you will hear the steam release. If your hair is wet it will sound like a sizzle. ( yes this can be used on damp hair, it will dry it as well as straighten it. It does advise you not to use it on wet  hair though only damp.) Because my curly hair tangles easy I ran my hairbrush through my hair before starting. Just section out your hair and put it between the combs and press it together like you would your normal flat iron. If you have long hair like me the steam stops producing after 15 seconds I think, just open the straightener and clamp it back down. When I am not doing a video it takes me less than 10 minutes to straighten my hair with this.



Look at that shine! My hair is straight but it has volume and body! The steam Iron is so much healthier for your hair too! Since your using water it keeps your hair hydrated and is so much less damaging.I really can't believe how soft my hair feels after I use this. It doesn't feel the same as a flat iron at all.
If you have any questions about this or any other products feel free to leave me a comment.

Want to buy this steam brush?
Get yours here! Your hair will thank you!





Stay wicked my lovelies!

You can follow the West Alabama Witch on :

Disclaimer I recieved this product at a discount for my unbiased review. I was not paid for this and  the views and photos in this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment